Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Bridal Shower!

Parrrrrty!  So it is tradition, I'd say more so in the US than the UK... because I can't think of one I've ever been to??

But I am defiantly going to be bring this little idea to my wedding plans!  I'll be honest I love any excuse for presents and champagne...

According to Wiki a Bridal Shower is:

A bridal shower is a gift-giving party held for a bride-to-be in anticipation of her wedding. The custom originated in the 1890s and is today most common in the United States, Canada, and by American influence, in Australia.
The history of the custom is rooted not necessarily for the provision of goods for the upcoming matrimonial home, but to provide goods and financial assistance to ensure the wedding may take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...