Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Where to start?

So after confirming the venue I had found earlier online was still available for the date - everyone was informed...

I used www.weddingvenues.com to locate venues in our desired area and narrowed it down to a couple online, once we confirmed the date, we set time to visit the venue before putting the deposit down.

We went to see the venue on my birthday, a couple of months later than when the wedding will be...but we fell in love, it is perfect!!

Next I set about planning a list of what to do to plan the wedding...

THE LIST
Engagement
*Ring
*Announcement
*Party

Wedding
*Budget
*Theme
*Season
*Decorations
- Style
*Venue
- Location
*Food
*Drinks
*Ceremony
- Vows
- Registrar
- Civil/Religious
- Registering
*Entertainment
- Disco
- Band
- Fireworks
- Games
- Magician
- Doves
*Dress
- What style dress suits you?
*Bridesmaids
- Flower girls
- If you have a sister do you have to make her BOH?
*Groom
*Groomsmen
*Bridal party
*Photographer
*Stationary
- Save the date
- Invites
- Name cards
- Seating plan
- Favors
- Order of Service
- Gifts
- Master of ceremony's
*Flowers
*Cars
*Rings
*Hen Do
*Stag Do
*Honeymoon
*Wedding Presents
*RSVP
*Guest list
- Do you include children?
- Should you invite family members you never see?
*Seating
- Receiving line
*Speeches
*Tradition
- old, new, borrowed, blue
- is it acceptable?
- taboos/bad luck
- what if?
*Extra - unique ideas

I will provide links to sources I have used, ratings, Q&A and  my experiences as we get closer to the dates!  As the one thing that I have found missing in the process is someone reliable to ask all these questions to, my mum is from a different generation and has a very different style to me, my girlfriends are all unmarried and probably sick of 'what you think of this' every 5 minutes...

Please get in touch if you have any questions or suggestions for me, it would be great to recieve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...