Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beach Body Diet - 6 days to a flat stomach

So I read this article in Zest Magazine about how to get a flat stomach in 6 days, both me and my house mate have decided its not really a diet more a 'fast' which will hopefully reduce your bodies 'excessive' water weight and any bloating.

They suggest that for 6 days you following these steps:
  1. Easy on the salt
  2. Ditch spicy herbs
  3. Drink only water (and green tea)
  4. Be totally fat free - except fish oil
  5. Eat lean white meat - chicken, turkey and white fish
  6. Steam it, grill it or bake it - with no added oil
  7. Fill up on fibre-rich food
Sounds terrible I know...

I started yesterday Monday 30th May 11, and will (try) and continue through to Sunday 5th June 11.

My starting weight is 9 st, stomach measures (at widest part) 30 in and waist is 26 in (relaxed)!  I am also doing a 20 min work out focusing mainly on my waist, stomach, bum and thigh 3 to 4 times a week.

I think the easiest part will be step 1, 2 and 3 plus not using oil in my cooking... but eating mostly veg and steaming them will kill me.  I am already missing, meat and pasta!

Look out for my updates during the week.

Quick last minute wedding day or honeymoon 'diet'!

PROGRESS UPDATES
So I am on day 3 of my diet... Fruit and green tea for breakfast, plenty of water through out the day (mostly in the evening).  Yogurt and berries for lunch (surprisingly filling) and stewed veggies for dinner, with beans and a tinned tomatoes!  Tonight I might go for some white fish with steamed veggies!

Day 4 - must say my stomach is looking a little flatter... but maybe that is a placebo effect?  Last night I had roast veg, including a few slices of sweet potato and some baked cod, I even eat it of a small plate so I had less!  I felt  really full afterward and only needed a natural yogurt later in the evening.

I think I'll wait until Saturday morning to weight and measure myself to see if there have been any changes!

FINAL RESULTS - so I finished my diet on Saturday, I lost 2 lbs and 1/2 an inch from the widest part of my stomach... I believe it is most likely just water weight and I'll put it all back on again over the next two weeks, but I least I know now that if I need a quick way to lose weight quickly I can do this diet.

Plus I think I will carry on limiting the salt I add to my dinner, and try to eat less meat and more veg and fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...