Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cancer Scare, Hot Pale Celebs, and a Video

A couple of weeks ago, my boyfriend noticed a mole on my back that had become darker.  He insisted I get it looked at.  Last week, when I was visiting  MinnesotaI went to a skin doctor to get it checked out.  My mom has had many skin cancer spots removed from her face and body, so I wanted to play it safe.   The doctor checked my body, and was "concerned" about that spot on my back.  She dug the spot out with a scalpel so the pathologist could biopsy it (disgusting, right?).   A few days later I got the phone call.... it was skin cancer-- basal cell carcinoma to be exact.  My stomach dropped.  The popcorn I was eating suddenly tasted like dirt.  I was so scared.  Five minutes later, my phone rings.  It's the doctor.  She said she had the pathologist look at the mole again. She had made a mistake-- it was likely just a mole.  Not funny, doc.   
This really got me thinking.  1) I love the beach.  2) I once (or twice) laid out on tin foil with my friends.  3) I went in a tanning bed before my high school prom. And 4) Yes, I feel the pressure to have that sexy, sun-kissed glow.  Why?  It's not right.  Actually, this mindset is a bit screwy.   The fact is... fair skin was considered desirable until Coco Chanel popularized tanning in the 1920s, making it a symbol of affluence in Hollywood.   So, how are we supposed to reverse a beauty trend that has persisted nearly a century???   I propose that this summer we look to our fellow "pale-skinned" models and celebrities for beauty inspiration.  Here are a few of my favorites to get YOU started: Leighton Meester, Mischa Barton, Rachel Bilson (my #1 favorite), Dakota Fanning (my #2 favorite), and Emma Watson.  Check out these fair maidens and more below!

PLEASE watch this video, and pass it on to your friends!  
AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT BELOW WITH YOUR FAVORITE SEXY PALE CELEB-- male or female!
Love,
Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...